Teterin has the capacity and capability to offer engineering solutions to critical and complex engineering problems. Our team includes some of the most experienced and highly skilled engineers in their areas of specialty globally, and our equipment is world-class.
We provide critical and complex engineering services to diesel engine OEMs, our customers in the Defence Industry and Alternative Energy and others.
Extensive Service Capability
As the industry leader, Teterin is sometimes tasked to undertake Research and Development and feasibility trials on first-in-country reconditioning of critical and complex sub-sea engine components.
We are frequently engaged by customers wanting greater reliability with lower through-life costs from their engines performing critical and complex operations. In these cases, we design technical solutions which extend the life of engine components and improve reliability.
Our workshop is also equipped with cutting edge precision measuring capability in-house, ensuring repeatable high precision and quality.
World-Class Equipment, Quality Assured
Teterin’s engineering facility, NATA accreditation and Quality Management System certified to ISO 9001:2015 ensure a consistently precise standard of work, and our equipment is cutting edge.
Click below for more information.
Programmable CNC Crankshaft Grinder
- First of its kind in Australia – no other crankshaft grinder in the Southern Hemisphere has this machine's capability
- Computer numeric controlled system enables the ultimate in repeatable precision
- Grinding time can be reduced over traditional manually operated equipment
- 12,000mm bed length accommodates crankshafts and other shafts up to 4,600mm
- Multi-function sensor systems include wheel balancing, in-process measuring, gap control
- Ideal for crankshafts from large industrial engines, including Cat 3600, MTU 4000, Waukesha 7042/7044 and AT, Cummins QSK, Jenbacher 6 Series, White Superior, MWM 2020, ALCO and EMD.
CNC Valve Seat Machining Centre
- Most technically advanced machine of its type in the world
- Computer numeric controlled system automates cylinder head machining with repeatable precision
- Up to 8 cylinder heads can be machined at once, reducing machining time
- Accommodates large cylinder heads up to 350kgs each
- Fully programmable multi-angle valve seat, single point cutting for fast turnaround & excellent finish
- Ideal for reconditioning cylinder heads in gas power generation engines, amongst others.
Fixed Bridge CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine)
- Discovery II D-28
- Far superior precision measuring than with a typical CMM arm, removing any variability
- Accuracy of measurement and reporting essential for critical and complex components
- Ideal for servicing our partners in the Defence Industry and Alternative Energy.
ISO 9001:2015 Quality Managements System
Certified to ISO 9001:2015 by Lloyds Register Quality Assurance
ISO 9001 is the internationally recognised quality management system standard, and the preferred solution for over half a million organisations in 159 countries.
Teterin’s Quality Management System is fully integrated with our own Integrated Management System (IMS) and ERP System. The IMS System incorporates the company’s safety and environment management systems, and together with the Quality Management System, provides a complete and highly effective management system.
Teterin has been certified to ISO 9001:2015 since 1995.
NATA Accreditation for ExDES
Certified NATA Accredited Workshop for Explosion Protected Diesel Engine Systems
Teterin is a Certified NATA Accredited engineering facility for diesel engines which operate in explosive atmospheres underground. Teterin was one of the first companies to become accredited for Explosion Protected Diesel Engine Systems (ExDES).
NATA is the authority that provides independent assurance of technical competence through a proven network of best practice industry experts for customers who require confidence in the delivery of their products and services.
Teterin has been NATA-accredited since 2012.